Our open submissions period for debut, full-length poetry collections begins August 1, 2020 and ends August 15, 2020. Manuscripts received outside of the open submission period will not be considered. Submit your manuscript to email@example.com.
- Debut, full-length collection (previously published chapbooks are okay)
- We consider a full-length to be 60 – 110 pages
- Formatted in single space (except form poems), 12-pt, Times New Roman font
- MS must include a table of contents and an acknowledgements page listing where individual poems have previously appeared
SUBMISSION EMAIL CHECKLIST
- Subject: Poetry MS: [TITLE] by [YOUR NAME]
- Include a cover letter with a brief description of your collection, including page count (max. 100 words)
- Include a brief third-person bio (max. 100 words)
- Attach your manuscript, preferably as .docx (.pdf and .doc are also okay)
- Send your manuscript to firstname.lastname@example.org between August 1 – August 15, 2020
- We strongly encourage BIPOC and LGBTQ poets to send us their work
- Read our poetry archives
- Follow us on twitter for up-to-date info.
Submit your work to email@example.com. We publish one new poem every Monday and one new flash fiction every Friday. Please send us one poem OR one flash fiction per author.
- Send one poem per submission
- Use 12-point, Times New Roman font and single space (exceptions for form poems)
- While there are no strict word limits for poetry, we tend to like pieces that fit on one page
- Send one flash (up to 1,500 words) per submission
- Use 12-point, Times New Roman font, and double space your submissions
SUBMISSION EMAIL CHECKLIST
- Subject: [GENRE]: [TITLE] by [YOUR NAME]
- Attach your piece, preferably as a .docx (.pdf and .doc are also okay)
- Brief cover letters and third-person bios are preferred, but optional
GENERAL INFORMATION ABOUT SUBMISSIONS
We do not read blind, or publish anonymous work. This enables us to publish authors from many diverse backgrounds, and do our best to uplift marginalized voices. We do however respect our authors’ privacy and publish works under a pen name.
If we pass on an author’s story or poem, please wait at least one month before submitting again. If we accept a story or poem, please wait at least six months before submitting again. We like to give everyone a fair shake.
We like to read both literary and genre-bending work, but no gratuitous sex or violence. Also, no racism, misogyny, homophobia, transphobia, or xenophobia.
Okay Donkey acquires First Electronic Rights and Non-exclusive Archival Rights. All other rights remain with the author. If you reprint your piece, please mention that it appeared here first.
Simultaneous submissions are okay, but we do not accept previously published pieces. Unfortunately, at this time we are unable to pay our contributors in anything but gratitude and promotion, such as a hee-haw from our donkey on the Twitters.